new pool build leaking after bad rain

Aug 9, 2015
macomb twp
My pool had not been backfilled yet and there was 16 inches of water in it to hold down liner. We had a bad rain and water got behind the liner. I had to pump the outsides of the pool out b4 they backfilled and the water eventually came to a stop/ trickle. Now they backfilled and pool is full, i have alot of water on sides of pool. Theres got to b a leak somewhere. Again, there was 16 inches of water to start and no leaks. After the bad rain, water behind liner and now problems. What could this be?

So you have water between the liner and the exterior pool wall? Is the exterior wall steel, concrete or ??? Based on your description, it sounds like there is inadequate drainage behind the pool wall and the exterior wall is leaking water behind your liner because that's the path of least resistance for drainage. If you have a pool builder who did the work, get them back out there to resolve the issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.