Above Ground Install in Bergen County NJ - Level Issue

Hello!

My husband and I are installing a 7yr old above ground round by ourselves. The pool was originally installed by the company it was purchased from in 2008. There have been no issues, but the family has outgrown the pool so it was given to us. We assisted in taking it down and transported to our home (same town, not a far trip).

We began the installation in early August. We dug out grass and sod to virgin firm soil and cut out a ton of tree roots. The area was very level. We set up perimeter rails and inserted the plates to attach. We trucked in the sand (3 yards) and left in middle. We rolled out the wall but the whole perimeter moved with us and we realized we didn't leave enough "wiggle room". We rolled the wall back up, adjusted the perimeter and rolled out again. We moved a bit bit with many hands, we were able to get to back where we started. The place where the wall meets is even and all screws/bolts in place. We still felt one side of the circle wasn't 100% straight - but kept in mind that there was only loose top rails as support, so we kept going.

We jumped in and made our sand cove, tampered the sand and rolled with an earth roller. We wet the sand down and earth rolled again. That appeared to help our circle in those areas where it was only noticeable if you looked very closely.

Next we threw in and unrolled the liner. We spread out evenly and draped over the wall with clips. My husband secured the side posts on the bottom of each post while we had water run in for about 3 hours and I crawled around getting all the wrinkles out of the floor. When the water was flowing, we noticed it was going to one side first. Now that there are a good 3-4" inches in there, one side is lower than the other. I did not measure but I would guess about 1 to 1.5".

FINALLY - my question:
If our perimeter is level but the sand is not, is this a serious concern?
In my last photo with me in the pool, you can see the water is higher to my right.

THANK YOU!

Just the Hole.jpgSand in the Hole.jpgFull Pool Wall bolted.jpgCarrie in Pool some water in.jpg

Do you mean that the sand dumped in the MIDDLE of the pool is lower on one side and you think THAT is causing the level difference on the side wall? Wouldn't matter, water seeks it's own level. Your posts are off. 1" or so off level is acceptable......as long as those posts don't sink as it fills up and sits awhile.

Yes that is what I meant - if my ground is level, sand is not. The posts are off about 1/4" at the most (according to my husband). I am going to check again tonight. My last photo looks like a big difference in water level - but the liner is drawing my eye. There is very little water in there, the liner still needs adjusting as water fills up.
I had to google "water finds its own level" - and now I understand!
I am going to see what it looks like at half full.
Thank you so much for your response!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.