NEw Pool 16x32

Aug 26, 2015
Island Park
I live on Long island and looking to get a new pool. Original was a 15x30 above ground.

The more i look into it the more im torn and figured maybe you guys could help.
Few points too. The water table is pretty high so i cannot go 6 feet down. Also there was a deck around pool before and I would lik eto deck again.

My options are:

1. Go with a Doughboy say Palm SHore pool and bury it 3 feet leaving 16" above
2. Go with a Steel Wall Pool and keep the bottom all level at 54" and make it rose above ground 16" (Whoch i dont think I have seen anyone do)

I began t get pricing and the steel is roughly 5300 from a pool warehouse and the doughbpoy is little less 4600.

Which is the better option in your opinion.

I do not know install costs on a steel pool?

there is no reason you cant go lower due to the water table. the only issue is during install, you would have to lower it during construction. but once the pool is installed, the higher water table is fine. the only time its an issue is when the water level in the pool is lower than the surrounding, then you get upheave and its when pools can pop.

that said, your options sound fine, but make sure you check the warranties on those pools, many of the manufacturer's warranty language will void the warranty if the pool is buried.

as far as which one to pick, well I would say go with the biggest pool you can afford :) no one ever complains that their pool is too big, but you do hear about being wishing they went bigger.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.