Yellowish/brownish cloudy areas

I have not given up on the SLAM, nor will I till I get the word from you guys.

I have been vacuuming to waste quite a bit because we've had a couple of storms pass over our islands and my pool has overflowed.

Should I soak my hose (and equipment) in my shock level pool water?

You certainly can/should scrub anything that was in the pool previously that may have algae spores hidden away somewhere. Pool toys are another sneaky item that can get thrown back into the water and start the algae cycle all over again. Have you been taking pics each day of your water? Can you post a pic for us so we can see how it looks? Pics near the ladder or steps are always best.

Bwaahaaa! I know, The pool seems like a good place to serve as a dishwasher. But if you really do have any algae spores attached to toys or equipment, you don't want to slow-down all the progress you've made so far on the water. Best to do it out of the pool I would say. Sorry. :(

The latest update:

I have maintained my slam and my FC holds up very well. Scrubbed pool toys and equipment. Pool sock remains in place. Passed OCLT and water is very clear.

The only isuue is the original issue: as soon as the pump starts in the morning it immediately starts to blow streams of dirty water into the beautiful water. We have deep cleaned our filter and replaced lost sand. I'm still thinking this will probably end up being a filter problem.

My husband said he is going to check the spider gasket (whatever that is.) Do you think we're on the right track?:confused:

Does it do that every morning? How long does the water stay dirty and then turn to clear?

Hi Dave

Yes, every morning. I would guess that the returns blow dirty water for about 2 hours then the debris settles on the bottom. The water is very clear and I can see debris very clearly on the pool floor.

Is that what you mean?

- - - Updated - - -

When backwashing, do you rinse afterward?

Yes, we always rinse after backwashing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do NOT ask the same question in two different threads.....very, very confusing.

You must have some internal damage to your filter. I think you need to disassemble it, remove the sand, and inspect the laterals and the standpipe for damage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.