Brookeville, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
I installed a Hayward SP3200VSP TriStar VS Pump last week, really like it, love the lack of noise, love the ability to program etc. However, in reading the manual, it pretty much says that when you winterize the pool, the pump should not be covered, it should be disconnected and brought inside.

Now I do live in a snow zone, and the plumbing is set up so that I can remove the pipes in under 2 minutes, but the electrical is a bit of a challenge.

So two questions:
1) Knowing that the electronics would be exposed to being covered in snow, should I heed the manual's advice and take it inside?
2) Can someone recommend a "quick disconnect" for the electrical that would let me disconnect the pump pretty quickly? I know such things exist for 12v, but i'm not aware of anything for 220v.

'2) Can someone recommend a "quick disconnect" for the electrical that would let me disconnect the pump pretty quickly? I know such things exist for'

Plug & socket
My original Hayward superpump was wired with a 220v plug & socket in a waterproof housing. It worked that way for the 18 years we have the house, dont know how many years before? the Pump was brought into the garage for the winters et. When i ungraded to the VS I use a new Socket & Plug.

yes, but I used a 15 Amp, which is what the old 2HP superpump had. Like this:

Hubbell 15-Amp 250-Volt 3-Wire Grounding Plug - Black/White-615SPZ - The Home Depot
I would think ether one would be fine as long as the socket matched ;-) & you had a waterproof cover. If you wanted to really go oveboard you can get a twist lock type plug/socket

once it's plugged in and the waterproof cover is closed it really stays dry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.