Flow Meter

vinnie

Mar 12, 2009
I want to install a flow meter so that I know for sure what my GPM is. That way I can make sure I get a new filter that is going to turn over my pool in 8 hours. My questions, what is a good one to get? I have 1 1/2" plumbing. Also, where in the system do I install it?

The Blue and White 300 series is a good choice for residential pools. They require a substantial length of straight pipe for mounting and you need to purchase different models depending on if the pipe is horizontal, vertical water goes down, or vertical water goes up. Be careful that you get the model that corresponds to your situation as not all of the resellers list the orientation clearly. I have seen them as low as $60, though mostly they go for a little more than that.

I totally agree with the Blue-White recommendation. If you mount it in the last place before returning to the pool (after the heater), you will get a true reading of what's going into the pool. On big commercial systems, they use an influent and an effluent gauge!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.