SCUM LINES - what do you use? How to get rid of permanent Scum line dirt.

We use a special pool deck and sauna cleaner to remove scum lines. It smells like ginger ale and cleans pretty good, but there are some permanent marks that I can't get off no mater how hard/long I scrub it. Is there some tricks to remove this? What do you use to clean your scum lines and how often do you clean them?

Plaster with mosaic tiles on water line. Built in 69.

Still with the original tile???

It could be a calcium stearate or calcium carbonate scale. You could try dilute muriatic acid in a spray bottle as long as your grout is not a dark color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still with the original tile???

It could be a calcium stearate or calcium carbonate scale. You could try dilute muriatic acid in a spray bottle as long as your grout is not a dark color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, still original tiles and I should say it preserved very nicely, except few spots on the deck where tiles where replaced due to bubbling up. I am suggesting to the owner to do a hardcore renovation on the pool and deck this winter, but it is up to the operational budget. The owner realizes that he will have to do it sooner or later anyways.

I will try with Muriatic acid if the "magic eraser" fails.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.