Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Pro

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Pro

Anyone have one of these or know anything about them?

I've been researching trying to figure out which cleaner to get for my pool. I found the Dolphin Pro on sale online for $950. I think it's discontinued because I don't see it on Dolphins website. Looks like it's not as fast as like an Aquabot turbo yet it has a remote which seems to be a huge plus from what i've read in this forum. I don't see any other cleaners with remotes that come close to this price.
    46k gallon vinyl, Intelliflo VF, Quad DE 100, Autopilot DIG60, Raypak R405a, Bravo Fury Auto Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin Pro

I believe that this is last years version, now discontinued, of what is now the Dolphin Dynamic Pro X, essentially the same as the old Dolphin Dynamic except a different color and sold to the commercial pool market. The Pro came in two versions, with and without the remote, so make sure you know which one you are getting. I have seen the version without the remote for $800.

Like all of the Dolphin robotic cleaners this is a reasonably nice robotic cleaner that gets mixed reviews. Essentially all robotic cleaners get mixed reviews, so it is difficult to tell if that means anything. Still the Blue Diamond/Blue Pearl generally review better, though they too have their negatives.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah this one has the remote. The mixed reviews are a real pain when trying to decide on what to get. I still don't know if it's worth spending the extra money over a Polaris 280. I've read so many great things about the Polaris 280. My only worry is my pool size which is 20x50 rectangular.
    46k gallon vinyl, Intelliflo VF, Quad DE 100, Autopilot DIG60, Raypak R405a, Bravo Fury Auto Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

I find the Blue Diamond robotic adequate for my 25x54pool. It does a good job but could not be any smaller. I got it for about $1050 plus shipping (if I remember) and it has the remote which has proved to be worth the money in my situation.

I would suggest nothing smaller....you have a large pool.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School