Refurb raypak 2100 - 206

Aug 2, 2011
My Hayward 150FDN lasted about 4 years but is apparently toast - bad leak and board. Would NEVER buy a hayward heater again.
A pool company is offering me a 2 year old refurb Raypak 206a.
They say they are putting in a new top(?) meaning heat exchanger at least, and giving me a 18 months warranty to cover what's left in the summer.
A new one here would run me about $2K installed w taxes - they are offering the refurb for $1200 or a savings of about 40%.

However the refurb Raypak also had a pinhole leak and the prev owner wanted to upgrade his equipment anyway apparently.
So not sure Raypak would last either. I guess my concern is that the hole was just brazed.

The 40% off is appealing of course.
Would you ever install a used refurbished heater, or have suggestions in this regard?

Thanks!

L

Unless they actually replaced the entire heat exchanger, I wouldn't go for it. If it had a pin hole leak in the heat exchanger then the previous owner didn't take care of their water chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.