Auto cover question

Maestro

Silver Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Cape May Court House, NJ
We are having an auto cover installed in the next couple of weeks. The track is on top of the pool lip, underneath the coping stones, which puts it about six inches above the water level.

Is it necessary to have everything out of the water when I close the cover? I would like to leave a wireless floating thermometer in the water if I can - it sticks up out of the water about an inch to an inch and a half. What about anything else that might be floating in the pool?

The cover itself floats on the water so it will drag anything loose with it as it closes to the end of the pool, if you are OK with your wireless thermometer always being against the one side of the pool where there probably will be space for it to float or possibly held completely underwater if it doesn't get pushed all the way to the end I would think that would be OK as far as the cover goes. We've closed the cover over a dividing rope with buoys on it and it does close over that without problems. We also almost always close the cover with the pool cleaner in there, and most of it's hose floats on the surface. It pulls any free hose around as you open and close the cover but doesn't cause any problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.