Pool Safety and House Rules Sign

Apr 2, 2009
I just bought a house with a pool in Arizona. I know it will get a lot of use and there are many young children who will be using it. I know many of the basics of pool safety, but wanted to get a sense of the rules you impose at your house for the purpose of creating a sign to post by my pool. If you have a sign by yours, I would love to know what yours reads and what it doesn't read that you enforce.

Here is my first crack at it:

Always obey pool rules and owner instructions
Swim at your own risk
No running
No dunking/pushing/roughplay
No glassware
An adult who knows CPR must be present at all times
Never swim alone
No swimming without owner invitation
Diving only in the deep end
Phone must be present within pool area while in use
Appropriate attire required in or around the pool

crystalclear_2043_4998572

DancherBoi,

Welcome to the forum! :lol:

I would tell you that those jokes rarely happen on this forum but, alas, they do all the time!!

I do not have a pool sign up but, like you, I am interested in some serious responses.

However, I am also interested in the non-serious ones, too so keep everything coming!!

Welcome to TFP!!

Non swimmers, be they children or adults, should have a PFD (personal flotation device) on ANY time they are close enough to the pool to fall in! :hammer:

There are a couple of posts on this this is one I could easily find.

I like Ohm-boy and Spishex's contributions :lol:

If you end up always having adults come by to swim/ drink poolside, you may want to include a BYOB rule (except for the topless women) so you don't go broke :wink:

Hi DancherBoi and welcome to the forum :wave:

We have some general rules (like no glass, no running) but no signs.

We do have a couple members that post each spring with pool safety links - just to give us all a big bump into safety awareness! Surely they'll be along before long! :-D

I'm waiting to see the other signs that pop up! :mrgreen:

Some of our rules include some of yours such as no glass, no running (which is a tough one since the kids like to run a do cannon balls), no playing on or around the ladder is another one we enforce, bring your own towel (if swimmers dont you will be doing laundry all the time)

One of our biggest rules is, if a child wishes to go swimming they must bring one of their parents to supervise their swimming .... we got our pool to relax and since we don't have any children at home anymore we aren't being babysitters either unless we are specifically responsible for that child or children

Another rule we really enforce is no children at the pool after 8pm unless we are entertaining.

We ask nicely twice ... the third time you get told to get out ... and its a long time before your invited back.

Those are some I can think of off the top of my head ..........

Don't P in our pool! We don't swim in your toilet! :mrgreen:

I did have the sign but it broke. :roll:

A few new rules spotted at the pool on my weekend trip to charleston:

-No spitting or blowing nose in pool.
-Persons with diarrheal illness or nausea should not enter the pool.
-Persons with open lesions or wounds should not enter the pool.

Lovely. What's strange is the last two were amendments, added after the first rules sign, which makes you wonder what kind of experiences these folks have had out there. I didn't do any swimming...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.