Offset umbrella in pool sleeve?

Aug 19, 2015
Florence, AZ
Our new pool is just about complete and I need some info on umbrellas. We have umbrella sleeves in our decking. I'm in the market for an offset umbrella to use in the sleeves. Does anyone know if this is possible or do I need to stick with the regular (straight) umbrellas? I'm think the offset umbrellas may be too heavy?? What's your thoughts and if you have an offset that you put into a sleeve, can you steer me in the right direction.... Thanks.

I don't think I would use a off set one. The are designed to have a very heavy base to withstand the torque that is generated by the weight not being above the post. I had one and the base had over a hundred pounds of sand in it. The pole was also a bigger diameter than my sleeves are , so I'm not sure it would even fit.

I have a Sun Garden parasol that is quite good and they sell a stand that you can secure to your deck:
ac3.jpg

So it is doable but you can't use your sleeves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.