Soon to be pool owner intro.

Dparnell

Aug 24, 2015
Marvin, North Carolina
Hi Everyone,

Just got registered to this site today after poking my head in the forum for the past couple of days. We (wife and 3 kids) just moved and our new home in Eastvale has a HUGE backyard, almost half acre! I absolutely want a pool and spa since temps here in the summer are typically 95 degrees or greater and my kids love the water. I've had three pool builders come out for bids, all three tried to sell me on different equipment, options, etc. I ran into a neighbor of mine who has an amazing backyard. Pool, spa, BBQ island, patio cover, big screen tv, outdoor speakers, etc. After talking with him it turns out he sub contracted everyone and built the pool himself (owner builder) and I think that's the route I want to take. He has a list of all the subs he used and he said he would provide that list to me. First step is to design the pool and have plans drawn up.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a company that can do that for me? I found a few places online but thought I would ask here first.

Anyways, glad I found this forum as it's already provided me with some valuable information in the two days I have been lurking. :)

Thanks!

Anyone?

"Does anyone have any recommendations on a company that can do that for me?"

Looking for for help with the design of the pool and the plans that can be submitted to the city and HOA. I see several owner/ builders on here, who did you use for this service? Recommendations please.