Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
20150823_135652_zpsqv7s7fcy.jpg

my pool came with dual suction ports but since installing the hayward skimmer I'm not using these. should i connect them to also work with the suction or maybe connect them for return?

I would use one with a pvc ball valve, this will allow to make it easier when you vacuum. You can open it after you're done vacuuming and shut off the skimmer. This will allow you to remove the equipment without getting out of the pool to turn off the filter pump.

If I make them returns for a total of 3 (already replaced the intex one with the Hayward that came with my skimmer) would the skimmer and the 2 returns fight each other so to speak with having skimmer installed in between the 2?

It might depend on how you angle them. If you were able to put a 45 degree PVC on the inside for example so you turn or twist each return to customize the direction of flow, it may work-out fine. You can always test circulation by dropping some packing peanuts or ping pong balls in there and see how it goes before you do anything permanent.

I enlarged my two intex outlets to 1 1/2 inches and "Teed" one of them below the skimmer to serve as a vacuum port. Each line, the skimmer line and the vacuum line, have ball valves so I can run one or the other, or both as I need. The other I hooked up to my old intex pump to serve a water feature I plan to add.

Thx for all the replies on this. I went ahead and purchased the parts to "T" into either suction or return. Still not sure what to do, the pool doesn't get lots debris from trees or anything. If I make them returns will that mess with pump pressure? Running 10psi now.

Well on my pool i had the same problem after adding skimmer, what i did was make them into 2 returns one aimed at the bottom of pool to keep things stirred up on the bottom so they can be removed by the skimmer, and the other which is on an Intex pool is at water level so it keeps the water circulating and i have never had a problem with these returns being that close to the skimmer

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.