New build in AZ....

Aug 19, 2015
Florence, AZ
OK, pool will be completed next Tuesday, per the hired PB. I just ordered the TF-100 test kit which should be here in time for the start up. We started this journey on 6/20/15, when we signed the contract and paid our down payment. Around 7/20, after I removed a section of our block wall, they finally broke ground and for the last month the subs have been in and out of our yard making everything come together.

Question: Once the PB has all the levels set, is that when I'll take over and continue with the TFP system or should I tell our PB prior to the startup and to let him know that this is how I'll be keeping up with the pool?

No pics yet, I guess I'll have to figure out the uploading process.

Let the PB do his stuff. He has his way of getting things going that he has always done and ensures he honors his warranty.
He will do this typically for up to a month.
How you plan to look after it after he hands-over control to you is not important for him to know.
Taking note of what he does and what he adds to your water can help you as you take over.

Get some practice testing the water ; before and after he has been adjusting. It is good practice and begins your familiarization with how your pool reacts.

Most PBs will have no clue what you're talking about when you mention TFP methods or DARE suggest using bleach to chlorinate your pool. TFP methods will work well, but if there is something that must be done to maintain your pool warranty, per your builder, you should stick to that.

If all they do is startup then make sure they run through all the details of what does what and when on your equipment pad.
Things like what steps to take when cleaning your filter;
Which valves to close.
How to drain and open the filter.
How to dissasemble/clean/reassemble filter.
How to close and re-prime the system.

If this is your 1st pool, seeing this demonstrated the 1st time will make it simple to perform later yourself.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So it will be full by Monday morning, or there abouts.
Officially or un-Officially?
The PB is either going to say wait until they have got the whole chemistry dialed in.
OR
They will say once it's full jump on in, but leave the cleaner and toys out.

Follow their lead, as they control the warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.