Welcome to TFP!

Are those numbers from your K2006? If so how,did you get 38 for CYA? The tube markings are not linear, so you can't extrapolate a number from between two lines. If it's between 30 & 40, then it's 40.

So with a 40 CYA you are not ebpven at shock level with your chlorine. Shock is 16 at CYA 40.

Have you fully read and are you following Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain ?

Skip,messing with DE until you pass OCLT, have "0" CC and are just trying to clear the water.

thanks, yes I got a 30 and a 40 on cya kinda hard to tell,have had shock level at 16 that was when I tested last night had fell to 11,have read it and going by it to the tee ,pool looks better than has in along time

Don't forget. The M in SLAM is for MAINTAIN. You need to be testing and adding often to maintain that FC level. In the beginning like every hour if you can. Once it starts to hold then you can stretch it out to every few hours.

its holding level pretty good , and I have to work so I check it in the am and adjust when I get home from work
if you check it you should be adding right then. As Bob said, the key is maintain. We understand folks need to work, but adjusting once a day isn't maintaining. At the very least you should test/adjust in the AM before work, again when you get home and a last time before bed. Any extra times are gravy!

The SLAM article says twice a day is minimum, but that tends to drag out the SLAM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.