New and blue (I Hope)

kenmccall

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 24, 2009
Macon Ga
Hello everyone. Just getting started here and my pool is currently being built. It is an 18X38 Grelian Vinyl SWG. 3 to 8 feet. What a mess in the back yard as it has rained 5 inches in Macon over the past 5 days. I will post more as the questions come to me and will be ordering the test kit everyone speaks about. I have been studying the Pool School and it has helped a bunch and will become a member soon. I did have one question the BBB system can be used in a Salt Water pool correct. Thanks and will post with all of the details when the pool is complete.

Hi, Ken,

Welcome. Yes BBB can be used in a salt pool. As you read more, you will see that BBB is not a gimmick or technique but rather an understanding, thru accurate testing, of your pools parameters that require monitoring.

This forum loves pool builds. I understand about your muddy mess but feel free to share all the pics you can with us......each build is an education. :lol:

Thanks Duraleigh, will post soem pictures of the bulid. By reading the Pool School if I keep the test readings in the range as given I should have to never add bleach correct. Also if I do have to add bleach the SWG should be turned off correct. Thanks

Welcome! :wave:

There will be times when you'll need to add bleach, but yes, if you keep your numbers in range and the SWG is working properly, it will be rare. Perhaps before closing or upon opening, or if say you were going to go on vacation and turn off your equipment while gone, you would likely shock with bleach to raise your FC high enough. YOu don't want to use the "superchlorinate" feature on the SWG, just use extra liquid chlorine or bleach instead, as that could shorten the life of the cell.

Can't wait to see pics. We love pics. :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.