No flow from spa jets

Jun 4, 2013
Gilroy, Ca
Help please!
All equipment is 2 year old Jandy series.
Stealth 2 speed 2 hp pump
460 sq. foot cartridge filter
Lxi pool/spa heater
Manual never lube ball valves

Question
When I try to put my pool into "spa" mode my flapper in my one way valve closes indicating no water flow. When I open the valve back up to pool mode water flows fine. Any idea what could be causing this.

I have checked cartridge filters (clean)
Skimmer basket pool(clean)
Skimmer basket pool pump (clean)

I see no leaks any where, but it does seem when I clean my equipment, and the pool pump cavity empties out it does take longer for the pump to prime than it used to but it does prime. Used to be 20/30 seconds to fill, 45/60 seconds now. Not sure if that has anything to do with the spa issue but thought I would mention it.
Thanks in advance for the help.

When in pool mode, has there been any change in the filter pressure from when things were working ok?

Any other recent changes/events that have occurred with the pool (e.g. massive algae cleanup, storm)?

When in pool mode, has there been any change in the filter pressure from when things were working ok?

Any other recent changes/events that have occurred with the pool (e.g. massive algae cleanup, storm)?

Everything seems to be operating normal, pressure gage on filter cartridge seems normal.
I had recently cleaned my filters two weeks ago, but no algae problems or storms (i"m in California we haven't had rain for months :D)

The Spa was working while we were swimming it had heated the spa up to about 98° when i noticed the jets were off. I thought my auto timer had shut my pump off, but when i went to check it the pump was still on
and i noticed my heater had a low flow error. I checked the flap valve a noticed it was closed and couldn't see any water flowing through. I turned the valve, back toward pool mode and water started flowing. I turned my heater back on and the error went away. but when valve is turned to just spa mode, no water?

Not sure what to try

Thanks for your help

- - - Updated - - -

So the 3-way valve in the upper right looks to be for your water slide and pool returns?

The 3-way valve in the lower right is for your spa returns/jets and what else?

The in floor cleaner.
All other modes are working fine, just no water flow out of the jets in the spa.

Thanks for your help

Sounds like you have an obstruction in your spa jet line but your pressure should go up when in spa mode.

That's what it seems like to me also but what could have flowed through the filter and through the valves and be obstructing the spa jet line?
Is there any way that it hydro locked or has an air bubble that it wouldn't get pushed through. I'm lost on what to try on this one. Is there a way to reverse the flow?

Appreciate you trying to help me.

Thanks Jason

Possibly something in your system broke off and got stuck in your spa return line.

I'd start at the jets...remove the eyeballs or anything that is screwed into the return. Make Sure nothing is there although I doubt it as if it was only one of your jets, the others would be fine.

Next, remove the 8 screws on your spa Jandy valve and remove the face. Observe. :) If you don't know if things look right or not, remove another Jandy valve and look at it.

Do the valves all feel the same when you move them? I'm wondering if something is up with your spa valve. Does it feel 'normal' when you turn it?

The valve is the only access you have to your plumbing before you have to start cutting things. You might shove a plumber's snake down your spa line and see if you bump into anything.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So Agent 99,
I took your advice and opened up the valve, every thing looks clean, no problem there. Ran my snake as far as I could didn't hit anything. Put it all back together... Time to call in professional help. Pool tech showed up today, check my valve, didn't see anything wrong, said it must be on the spa end.
And here is where I feel stupid.?

He reached down in the spa and turned all my jets back on. My friends 5 year old son was in the spa while we were swimming and I guess those little hands were busy. Long story short it cost we a hundred bucks but I'm back up and running.?

LOL! THAT is a great story!! I love it. Kids rock!! Well, at least it wasn't something more serious but I'll put that on my list of things to check next time someone has flow problems.

"Did you have a neighbor's kid over and he messed with the jets turning them all off...by chance?" ;)

Note that I did tell you to start at the jets although I did backtrack a bit on that advice.... hehehe :D :D

So Agent 99,
And here is where I feel stupid.

He reached down in the spa and turned all my jets back on. My friends 5 year old son was in the spa while we were swimming and I guess those little hands were busy. Long story short it cost we a hundred bucks but I'm back up and running.

Don't feel bad, anyone can do it. When my parents bought their first house, they were there moving in, and discovered none of the lights worked. The outlets all did, and the breakers were on, but no lights worked. In a desperate panic, they called an electrician, hoping they hadn't bought a house with giant problems. The electrician came, and examined things, and shortly discovered that there were no light bulbs. Anywhere. The prior owners took them all.

Can happen to anyone. Just enjoy your working spa!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.