TFP saved my pool!!

Jun 27, 2013
Hi my name is Karen from Boardman, Ohio. As long as I worked it was aggravating to give the pool stores my hard earned cash for ALL the chemicals they said it needed but since I had it I spent it. I went on Social Security early as a widow at 60 when I lost my sister in a car accident. I figured I better give my best years to my only child while I could. Losing my sister made me realize life is short and can be taken unexpectedly.
The drawback to SS was that my income took a dive ( pun intended!) I dreaded taking my water to be tested because I knew the bill would be at least $100. I managed for a few summers and then when the pool pump died and I didn't have the money to fix it I really contemplated having the pool taken out. My friend suggested I cover it and wait a year, she said my little Granddaughter may want to swim when she was 2 years old.
I then did research and found the BBB method on TFP!!! When my daughter and I uncovered the pool it was disgusting and just short of having frogs and minnows living in it. GREEN as could be!!
I told my daughter that TFP methods will bring it back and later after it worked she said she didn't think ANYTHING could have saved it. Well, after following directions, brushing brushing brushing and getting every speck of debris out I put the recommended amount of bleach in and overnight it was clear!!!!
My friend is now retired and is a pool hopper!! Several of her relatives and friends have pools so she makes the rounds. She said my pool is the clearest most sparkling water of all the pools she's been in this summer.
THANK YOU TFP!!! I'm so grateful for all your great information. It's funny though that even when other pool owners see my pool and I tell them it only took $51 to get it perfect they still choose to give their money to the pool Mongers Store and follow the teen workers advice!!! I bought the T-2006 kit and now I feel like a real chemist. I wish more people would use this simple method and a good testing kit. It has allowed me to keep my beautiful AG pool. Again thanks for everything you have taught me!! I'm now a bonifide pool expert!!!

Hi my name is Karen from Boardman, Ohio. As long as I worked it was aggravating to give the pool stores my hard earned cash for ALL the chemicals they said it needed but since I had it I spent it. I went on Social Security early as a widow at 60 when I lost my sister in a car accident. I figured I better give my best years to my only child while I could. Losing my sister made me realize life is short and can be taken unexpectedly.
The drawback to SS was that my income took a dive ( pun intended!) I dreaded taking my water to be tested because I knew the bill would be at least $100. I managed for a few summers and then when the pool pump died and I didn't have the money to fix it I really contemplated having the pool taken out. My friend suggested I cover it and wait a year, she said my little Granddaughter may want to swim when she was 2 years old.
I then did research and found the BBB method on TFP!!! When my daughter and I uncovered the pool it was disgusting and just short of having frogs and minnows living in it. GREEN as could be!!
I told my daughter that TFP methods will bring it back and later after it worked she said she didn't think ANYTHING could have saved it. Well, after following directions, brushing brushing brushing and getting every speck of debris out I put the recommended amount of bleach in and overnight it was clear!!!!
My friend is now retired and is a pool hopper!! Several of her relatives and friends have pools so she makes the rounds. She said my pool is the clearest most sparkling water of all the pools she's been in this summer.
THANK YOU TFP!!! I'm so grateful for all your great information. It's funny though that even when other pool owners see my pool and I tell them it only took $51 to get it perfect they still choose to give their money to the pool Mongers Store and follow the teen workers advice!!! I bought the T-2006 kit and now I feel like a real chemist. I wish more people would use this simple method and a good testing kit. It has allowed me to keep my beautiful AG pool. Again thanks for everything you have taught me!! I'm now a bonifide pool expert!!!

It's odd! All the time I hear "Pool are SOooo expensive!" My reply "My pool has been up 2 months and I haven't spent more than $45 in chemicals so far'" If they are actually at my pool, they love the sparkle.

Sorry for you loss. Congratulations on your new found knowledge of pool care!