AGP Closing..Drain or No Drain

jedc43

Aug 9, 2014
Spencer Ma
Hi all,
This was my first swimming season with TFP and everything has gone great this season. Unfortunately we are getting close to close up for the season so I was wondering if using a metal face plate over the skimmer opening is ok instead of draining below opening... Last season I had a cheap foam insert that popped off at some point and I think that is what caused the winter damage to my pool last winter. Last winter was really hard here in Massachusettes and there were many AGP casualties...
What are your thoughts?
Jed

I do all of the above. I lower the water 6" below skimmer/inlet and cover the skimmer intake facing the pool with a metal cover that has a foam backing and plug the inlet. I have PVC piping so in addition I rinse all the pipes with clean water and blow out all with a shop vac. Then use either expanding rubber plugs or screw in plugs on all open ends of the piping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.