MCase

mcase

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 27, 2009
Galveston, Tx
Let me begin by saying my pool was Iked last September. After cleaning and refilling the gunite surface was all mottled and smeary, kind of a tan color. As time has passed the discoloration has improved by over 50%. I'm wondering if I can hasten this process.
Recently, the chlorine level is high. I don’t think I can get a good reading on the Ph in lieu of the Cl.
I have two test kits. One is an Aquacheck, a simple digital three component result, the other I just purchased before I found your site, a Pentair Pro 11.
Both tests show the Cl off the chart and it has been for at least 10 days. I tested for Cyanuric Acid with the Pentair kit and the reading is 60. On the simple test kit the alkalinity has been running from 160’s – 190’s. I couldn’t get past the Ph test on the Pentair test kit. When I added the drops for the Ph the color turned lavender. The color was not in the range of any on the scale I used for comparison. Today I tried the Aquacheck and the Cl was er the Ph was 7.8 and the aklin was 176.

I have been backwashing the filter about twice a month and have been using Cl in tablet form in two floaties in addition to shocking about every 10 days.

Hi and Welcome. :wave:

We highly recommend TF100 test kits sold by our one and only duraleigh. 8) I don't know how accurate those test kits are so I'm sure some one will be around shortly to give their expertise. We also have a wonderful section on the homepage called Pool School. It will tell you everything you need to know and I'd like to say it's MaNdAToRy reading material here at TFP! :whip:

pool-school/

When you're done reading it, read it again and you'll have a trouble free pool!

I'm sure others will chime in real soon... until then, you can read up on Pool School. :mrgreen:

Enjoy the site. 8)

Welcome to TFP!

Your stains sound like organic staining from leaves. Organic stains will fade over time, more quickly at higher FC levels.

High FC levels can throw off or completely invalidate the PH test. Don't believe your PH test results while FC is very high.

You could really use a FAS-DPD chlorine test. It will work at FC & CC levels up to 50 or higher.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.