Winter Cover Vs. Safety Cover

Sep 17, 2014
Nazareth PA
I am sure this topic is thrown around a lot esp around this time of year when those in the NE are getting ready to close in a month. We just had an IG installed this year- 18x36 rectangular. I feel a little hung over by the amount of $$ we ended up spending (of course everything is more than what you think it will be). Anyway, we planned on getting a loop lock installed (mesh) primarily because it's cheaper than solid and I didn't want to have to pump stuff off the top. The quote for loop loc with install was $2400 which is a good price. I am just having a hard time shelling out more thousands now that we are done. I'd rather spend thousands in another couple years after I recover from this! :p So now I am starting to think about just doing a "winter cover" because it is so much cheaper. I am not thrilled with the looks of it but I have found some tan ones online that look more attractive.
I'd appreciate any honest feedback on the topic. Thanks!

With a winter cover they are not going to support as much snow load as a safety cover. We have had reports of winter covers being dragged into the pool by heavy snow and ice loads, even with multiple water bags weighing everything down. Hopefully people from your area will report in with their experiences.

We use the winter cover with water blocks and we get a lot of snow and I've never had a problem yet. You could spend a few hundred now and then in a few years when that covers starts falling apart just buy the safety one if you want

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.