QuartzScapes spa finish

Aug 21, 2015
Southlake
We recently had our spa refinished with QuartzScapes. My questions are directed to anyone who has refinished with QS. Is your surface so rough, that the abrasion has ruined your swim suit? Have your fingers bled from scraping against the bench and wall surfaces? Any suggestions on how to smooth the surface? If that is not possible, and we have to refinish the spa again, is there any way to save the $500 mosaic fish we had installed? I welcome comments and suggestions from anyone who has a QS finish. Thanks.

Very recently, I was considering going with the Quartzscape finish. The pools the PB showed me as samples of his work were really pretty smooth surfaces - certainly not anything close to what is described in your post. Did your PB do an acid wash/treatment right after the install or did he do an acid start up (ie., filling pool, then adding higher amounts of acid that normally would be done to expose the quatrz)? I'm thinking to much acid created an over exposure / rough surface situation.

What you describe is not by any means a typical surface for this product. Perhaps you could post the content of communications, if any, that have occurred with your PB over this situation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.