sealer/enhancer tumbled marble pavers

Mar 30, 2009
I have a new pool that we used tumbled marble/travertine pavers as decking. I am looking for a good sealer enhancer that will enhance color and protect them from pool water and our nasty florida weather.

I was recommended two products by the pool company
1. Deck-o-Shield
2. HMK moeller S42

Please let me know what you guys have experience with. or what you recommend.
thanks!

"These types of surfaces are porous and can absorb stains from many items, including, without limitation, the
pigment in some grouts. To ensure the best possible installation, a very high quality penetrating sealer
designed for travertine and marble limestone should be applied in accord with manufacturer’s
instructions."

The above is from Durango Stone's website. I am searching for what product to recommend. I have been told NOT to use Thompson's sealilng products, which are for wood, not natural stone. I'll BRB.

On edit: Black and Gold Sealer, or 511 Porous Sealer are good choices. I'll check with my travertine installer for his recommendation. I'd think Deck-O-Seal, though a great product otherwise, is not a good choice for natural stone.

nancy4544 said:
What did you use on the pavers? Did it work? We just installed tumbled marble pavers around our pool deck and wanted to seal them. Our pool, when finished, will be salt water.
Hello Nancy,

Welcome to TFP~! :)

If you don't get a response from marcovgv, I'm sure others who have faced this question will be along to give you their opinion and experience.

I live in Miami and used the 511 pregnator from Home Depot. There were 3 or 2 different products from the same company and I bought the most expensive one. It has been 3 yrs ago so I do not remember which but they all come in a blue plastic jug.

The instructions were to roll the product with a roller and then wipe off with a rag so not to create bubbles. My pavers were sticky for about 3 days. The pavers were shiney when I applied the sealer but in a couple of days became dull. To this day it looks like I did not seal. The pavers get shiney when wet but dry up quickly and become dull again. I have no stains or issues with my pavers but they are dull. I did not want a shiney look to begin with but I do not like the dull look.

I would check with the paver company what they can recommend and ask for refrences so you can look for yourself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.