From plaster to swim... how long?

Eddd

May 5, 2015
Frisco, TX
Hey there! My pool build is nearing completion, pavers are going in now. They are doing plaster (WetEdge, Bermuda Luna Quartz) after cleanup and sod - which I hope will happen by Friday, 8/28.

My question is this: once the plaster/water is in, I know there is a week of low PH and start-up activity; but will the plaster be fine right after that? Assuming this all happens to plan, and we get the chemicals balanced - I plan to waste no time and throw a pool party - hopefully on Labor Day! Unless this is a terrible idea.

Thanks for your input.

Wasn't this exact question asked within the last week?

Ignoring the chemistry, the plaster should be fine by the time it is filled.
But, depending on how they start it up (ideally but rarely a bi-carb start-up) ... usually acid start up, you may need to wait for the pH to be reasonable.
Plus you want to be sure the plaster dust is filtered out.

My PB told me that once the water hits the tile line to jump in, unless I was scared of my own bathwater :) They started the pumps the next day, did chems a couple days later. We swam the entire time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.