Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi all,

I'm currently having a gunite pool built. This week, they're installing a paver deck around the pool. I had them do an expansion joint between the pool's coping and the decking, to play it safe and protect vs. future issues with shifting, losing tiles, etc.

What is the best practice regarding sealing the joint? Should I immediately seal it? Or should I wait a certain amount of time? I wasn't sure if doing it immediately would be bad (i.e. if I should be letting the decking settle first).

As far as sealing it goes, I looked around online at various reviews and options and I think I'm going to go with Sikaflex self-leveling polyurethane sealant since it has pretty good reviews and I can get it from the local big chain. Anyone have experience with this? Or does anyone recommend something different?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Thanks for the comments. I bought the Sikaflex. I'm going to wait a few weeks to do it, just in case any settling needs to happen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.