Hayward SP-1500UNPAK2

rob.mwpropane

In The Industry
Jun 9, 2015
Baldwin, Maryland
So I ordered 2 of these thinking I would be able to tie onto the threads on the back side thinking they were 2", but they are not. Can someone tell me what the threads tie to?

Here's a link to a picture of them;

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTM4WDcxNw==/z/w7kAAOxyepRRu10i/$(KGrHqNHJCEFDLbsGJ(IBRu10h)tfw~~60_57.JPG

I already tried regular 3" fpt PVC and that did not work. I know the inside is 1.5" slip, and I know the union screws onto my pump. If worse comes to worse, I'll have to go from the 1.5" to 2" as fast as possible, but the threads have to be for something? I was hoping for 2" right away.....

Thanks...

What are these supposed to be for? Where did you find them?
What are you trying to attach them to?

I have not seen them with threads on the outside like that. I am guessing they are proprietary to screw into some piece of Hayward equipment.

They are for the outside of my Hayward Power Flo Matrix 1.5 HP pump. It is the pump that came with the pool, I'm just upgrading all the plumbing. It's driving me nuts because Hayward already has their proprietary threads on the outside of the pump, why put them on the union as well. Furthermore, I can't find ANY documentation on the outside threads at all. I'd like to keep the flow 2" all the way.

Thanks

It is a small pump. Just put 1.5" pipe into the slip fitting, immediately into a reducer bushing which is in a 2" coupler. It will make absolutely no difference in your flow rate. You are worried over nothing.

OK, these were made to allow another manufactures portable spa pump union to connect to our pump in a retrofit manner. In other words, if the customer had an Aqua Flo pump but wanted to buy a Hayward and the union was glued in place you would just connect the Aqua Flo union on to these threads. These threads are common to a lot of spa pumps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.