Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellichlor IC-40 RED No Flow Indicator

1. Back To Top    #1

Intellichlor IC-40 RED No Flow Indicator

Flow light is indicating red which is no flow. I have removed the cell and checked for obstructions, cells are completely clean. Backwashed the filter and feel I am completely clean. I have an Intelliflow 4X160 and have tried higher RPM's to no avail. In reading the other postings I have not seen this as an error, but could this indicate a bad cell?
    24K gal. 22 X 40' Fox Lagoon IG Vinyl, 7' Fox 25 jet raised Spa, Intelliflow VS-3050 pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair Easy Touch Controller, Easy Touch Wireless Remote, Pentair Legend cleaner w/ booster pump, Pentair 250,000 BTU heater, Pentair Tagelus Sand Filter, & Pentair Intellibrite LED lighting.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intellichlor IC-40 RED No Flow Indicator

Or very possibly a bad flow switch, which is separately replaceable!
    http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/Intelli ... tKitIG.pdf

3. Back To Top    #3

If you have a meter handy follow the instructions on that link to expose the switch, then check continuity across the two terminals with the pump on. Should be closed with the pump on, open when off.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for both of this info. I took the advice on the continuity across the two terminals and the switch and determined that the switch is bad. Called Pentair customer support, they agreed and sent out the replacement switch kit free of charge. Because of the knowledge I gained from the above postings, I will soon be back to producing my own chlorine!
    24K gal. 22 X 40' Fox Lagoon IG Vinyl, 7' Fox 25 jet raised Spa, Intelliflow VS-3050 pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair Easy Touch Controller, Easy Touch Wireless Remote, Pentair Legend cleaner w/ booster pump, Pentair 250,000 BTU heater, Pentair Tagelus Sand Filter, & Pentair Intellibrite LED lighting.

5. Back To Top    #5

6. Back To Top    #6

glad we could help!