Need help Trouble shooting Hayward Aqua Solar

rbinn

Bronze Supporter
May 10, 2015
Nanaimo BC
Hi All,

I received my new to me Hayward Aqua Solar today and I can't seem to get it working. Here is what I have done so far.

-Installed sensor on inlet pipe by pump.
-put actuator on Jandy valve
-wired Aqua Solar to GFIC circuit

Sounds like I should pretty much be able to set it up from here.

I am wired into 120 not 240, triple checked all good.
Have power to actuator, when I lift the cogs off the micro-switch motor turns valve.
Power going to units as I wired in a light bulb to verify power to unit.

No lights come on to signify power to unit (remember though the actuator gets power)
No test functions ..nothing.

I don't want to go back to the seller without ensuring I haven't missed something stupid.

UNIT IS GL-235.

I really could use some guidance on this one.

Thanks folks,

Rob

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Well I just got off the phone with Hayward and they verified that the main board was toast and they did not offer replacements for this model. I have just sent a note to Ebay seller to see how he wants to handle this.

To be quite honest I'm more disappointed than anything, I really wanted this control to work....D&%M.

R

When I spoke to the service dept. they took me through the basics (same as the manual) however once I explained that the lights wouldn't even come on with 120 service they told me the board was toast. I asked if I could order a replacement and was told that Hayward does not offer replacement boards for this unit. I have had a second opinion to make sure I didn't miss anything and the result was the same...power to unit, then nothing...

Thanks for the question, I thought that this was well buried from lack of interest.

Rob

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.