Need new pump

Feb 26, 2013
Traveled recently and appears the water level went too low and overheated/killed the pump. Or perhaps it was the pool guy's removal of the timer clips causing the pump to run 24/7. At any rate, I'm pretty sure it is dead. Any tips on getting a new one (models, retailers, etc.)? Currently have a 1hp AO Smith Corp UAC...

For your size pool, a 1 HP pump would be pleanty large. It would be better on the light bill if you got a 2 speed pump and run it on low speed except when adding chemicals or backwashing. It would cut your pump electric usage by 2/3 or more.

If you are in california or another place where your cost for KWH exceeds .20 KWH, it would be worth your while to look into a 1.5 HP variable speed pump.

hope this helps,

I have the Hayward Matrix 1.5hp SP1593, it works great and the extra flow is nice for water features. Wish it was the 2-speed SP1593S model, but I got this one cheap. Highly recommend Hayward products.

For an in ground pool you should check out the MaxFlo 1.5hp 2-speed SP2810X152 or the MaxFlo XL 1hp 2-speed SP2307X102 or the 1.5hp SP2310X152.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.