Y'all!!! I'm scared!!

Mar 16, 2015
rowlett, tx
It's here!

fd770797d3a7eeea30d149570096ab34.jpg

Your cover photo is much newer than mine! And your reagents too... I need to order a full refill next spring.

The instructions are easy to follow. CYA test is the only one that takes a little effort to master.

Did you get a SpeedStir? :)

Yeah, you were supposed to order the TF-1000. No worries, I'll give you $10 for the TF-100 you ordered so you can send it to me and you can order the correct kit. :grin:

BTW, I wish I could have a cool tattoo like that when I was a kid...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If this is your first standard time testing (not SLAMming), do all the tests per the instructions to get a feel for them. For the most part, you'll be doing the FC, CC, and pH the most. TA about once a week or so. CYA and CH not as much if there's no large water exchanges, but definitely test them now so we know how everything looks. No need to take water anywhere to compare. No one else will be as accurate as you - except perhaps another TF-100 owner. :)
So you can show us your:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CYA
CH

Hey Amanda,
did your PB tell you how many gallons of water is in the pool? We are gonna need to know that in order to help you out efficiently. Pool Math will require it. If he did, add it to your sig.

If he didnt tell you, then tell us about how long and how wide at the widest point your pool is we can sort of estimate it.

You'll want to raise pH to about 7.2. PH can be raised in three ways: borax, soda ash, and aeration. Borax is usually the best choice. Borax raises the PH and also raises the TA level just a little. Borax is available as 20 Mule Team® Borax Natural Laundry Booster. FC needs to be increased with regular bleach based on CYA. But since your CYA dot never went away, we assume you have next to zero stabilizer. Soooooo, add granular stabilizer (via the sock method near a return jet). The Poolmath calculator can help you figure out how much to add. Here in TX, I would start for now with at least a target CYA goal of 40.

For today/tomorrow, try to keep FC at about 2-3, then over the next few days slowly increase it to about 5-6 ppm.

A CC (combined chlorine) level of 1.5 means you have some organics in the water. That may require a SLAM in the future if not kept under control quickly. But one thing at a time. Let's try to get you comfortable with the basics and that new kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Whenever you get confused about what to add/use, refer to this link: Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals.

You'll want to raise pH to about 7.2. PH can be raised in three ways: borax, soda ash, and aeration. Borax is usually the best choice. Borax raises the PH and also raises the TA level just a little. Borax is available as 20 Mule Team[emoji768] Borax Natural Laundry Booster. FC needs to be increased with regular bleach based on CYA. But since your CYA dot never went away, we assume you have next to zero stabilizer. Soooooo, add granular stabilizer (via the sock method near a return jet). The Poolmath calculator can help you figure out how much to add. Here in TX, I would start for now with at least a target CYA goal of 40.

For today/tomorrow, try to keep FC at about 2-3, then over the next few days slowly increase it to about 5-6 ppm.

A CC (combined chlorine) level of 1.5 means you have some organics in the water. That may require a SLAM in the future if not kept under control quickly. But one thing at a time. Let's try to get you comfortable with the basics and that new kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Whenever you get confused about what to add/use, refer to this link: Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals.

Thanks for the info. I can't touch the pool for about a month per my contract. So I'll just test and see what they are doing. Lol

The testing was fun, felt like a mad scientist!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.