VS pool pump advise

Recently my 1.5 hp Hayward super pump reached the end of it's life and needs to be replaced. There's a crack on the bottom of the casing which is causing a leak along with a motor that's breaking down so a complete replacement is necessary. I'm looking to upgrade to a VS pool pump and need a little advise as to what model would be the best. I have 1.5 inch piping to go along w/the specifications in my signature. Also I forgot to mention in my signature that I have a Hayward H-350 pool heater.
Thanks for the help!
-Brian

Have you seen a decent drop in your electric bill? The PSE&G rebate is one of the reasons I was looking to make the jump. I was thinking about the pump you bought as well as the Hayward SP3200VSP Tristar variable speed pump. Not sure if the extra money is worth it.

My advice would be to get the Pentair IntelliFlo. Variable speed is way cool, the bee's knees, the cat's meow. The flexibility you get from being able to adjust your pump is fantastic. However, they aren't cheap by any stretch of the imagination and payback is several years out. And by all means, see if your utility company has a rebate for VarSpd or 2-speed pumps.

Have you seen a decent drop in your electric bill? The PSE&G rebate is one of the reasons I was looking to make the jump. I was thinking about the pump you bought as well as the Hayward SP3200VSP Tristar variable speed pump. Not sure if the extra money is worth it.

We,re on a level monthly payment plan so our bill is the same each month. That being said in the next couple of months PSE&G & I will be doing a re-calc of the usage/ billing and I'll have real numbers.
Via the pump's power readout at 2240rpm its using only 25% of what the old pump used. This is the speed I run for the use of the heater. The rest of the time it runs at 1400 RPM using les than 10% of what the old pump used.

I know very little about the Tristar, I just wanted a lower cost VSP to replace the old super pump without any hassle
The Hayward SP2600/2 VSP's is very closes in layout to the old superpumps and you should not have to do any real plumbing work if you get one to replace your old pump

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.