Hazy Water - What should I do?

Hazy is an indication of algae beginning to bloom. Chlorine (regular liquid bleach) is your best sanitizer. You may need to do what we call SLAM via Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain, but to do that you must have the proper test kit. Test strip and local store kits are inadequate. I recommend the TF-100 because it uses Taylor products but in larger, more economical sizes. You can get it from: TFTestkits.net.

In the meantime, I suggest not adding anything else to your water at this point other than about 1/2 gallon of liquid bleach each evening to help keep things from getting worse. Also consider reviewing the following:
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Pool School - Recommended Levels
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

I hope this info helps get you started on the right track. Good luck!

Correct. If your FC is higher than the SLAM/Shock level on the chart based on your CYA, then let it sink back down on its own. It shouldn't take too long. Once it's down to your SLAM FC level (or just under it), you can be in the water. Sometimes that's easier for scrubbing, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.