Greater Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My filter is leaking from what looks like the underneath little stand it sits on....does this mean my case is cracked? If so I hope my home warranty pays for a new filter..if so i guess it would come with new grids?

also do the rainbow chlorine in-line feeders go bad? Seems like when i open my sometime it is dry looking in there..but when i take the cap off the water rises up? Not sure what is going on

How much water is coming out? It's possible that the housing cracked, but much more likely that it's just water trickling down to that point. Check very closely around the lid o-ring, plumbing bulkheads and drain plug for even the smallest trickle of water (may even just look like a calcified water track).

In line feeders can certainly go bad. All the stuff they use to bind chlorine tabs together builds up and gunks up the works around your check valve and flow control valve. A good way to fix this is to use liquid chlorine instead :-D If there's no water getting in then the problem should be with your flow valve.

Its a pretty stead stream...not just a drip..i checked the ring and the top air release and it isnt that..its coming from under the case itself and its imposible to see under there whats going on...i am hoping they just replace the whole thing

sounds like i need a new inline feeder too...its working but not as well as it should i believe

Ok another question...pac fab fitler is still leaking from underneath...but i also i dug two holes not far from my equipment pad...as i was digging i came upon a pvc pipe..not sure what this pipe is as my waste pipe runs to the other side of the house....what pipe could this be? anyway i wonder if this pipe is cracked and leaking because that side of the house the grass stays wet and holds water...i thought it was my sprinkler system but i cut it back and capped it where it is no longer close to where my yard is damp....i dont understand that pipe that could go to..any ideas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.