Pebble Tec - Bead Crete Luminous

ummgood

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 18, 2015
Austin, TX
On PebbleTec's website they have added something I just noticed. There is now something called Bead Crete Luminous. It is basically different color groups of glass beads you can add to your pebble tec or pebble sheen selection to add some glass. I know people add the shells to the pool but I was just thinking this would be cool. Not sure what it costs but I am having my PB look into it.

We are getting the Blue Surf and I thought adding the blue blend beads to my surface would be pretty amazing. On the website they have three color blends you can choose from: Blue, Jade, or Emerald. They also show a few pebble sheen colors with the beads blended in but no actual pools.

Pebble Technology International

Those look pretty cool. After all your issues your PB should add that to your list of freebies. My wife likes green so the emerald would be perfect. Sadly nobody in my area or even in 100 mile radius has anything to do with Pebble Tec

You read my mind...

I am waiting for them to give me a quote on it. When they do I am going to ask for it for free we'll see what they say. If they come back at 8k for it I think I might be stretching my luck.

They should offer it for free and not even quote you a price!

That's what happened. I asked him to get me a price and he said they would throw it in because of the issues we have been having. He said it looks really awesome. He is going to bring by a sample but he said it isn't our color scheme but just so we can see what the beads look like in the pebble sheen. He then said the normal price for our pool would be somewhere between 1k and 2k.

OMG! I wonder if PebbleTec had this before my finish was put on? I guess so since mine was applied 3 weeks ago. Oh, I would have done that in a heart beat for 1 or 2K, especially after seeing Spool's finish! That is gorgeous!!! It probably would have given me more of the blue I would have liked!!!

I am jumping up and down your PB is throwing this in for you!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Man oh man, do you guys ever deserve it!!! I am so tickled for ya'll, and I CANNOT wait to see pictures. I might even have to make a drive to Austin (and stop in Manor on the way) to check this out. Only after it's too late to annul my marriage to my pool!!!! LOL!!!!

Congrats on the upgrade! Now, what else is your PB going to throw in?????

Hugs,
Suz.
:scratch: Hmmmmmm..... I wonder if I can buy some of those beads and stick 'em on my pebble sheen with super glue?????? :laughblue:

OMG! I wonder if PebbleTec had this before my finish was put on? I guess so since mine was applied 3 weeks ago. Oh, I would have done that in a heart beat for 1 or 2K, especially after seeing Spool's finish! That is gorgeous!!! It probably would have given me more of the blue I would have liked!!!

I am jumping up and down your PB is throwing this in for you!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Man oh man, do you guys ever deserve it!!! I am so tickled for ya'll, and I CANNOT wait to see pictures. I might even have to make a drive to Austin (and stop in Manor on the way) to check this out. Only after it's too late to annul my marriage to my pool!!!! LOL!!!!

Congrats on the upgrade! Now, what else is your PB going to throw in?????

Hugs,
Suz.
:scratch: Hmmmmmm..... I wonder if I can buy some of those beads and stick 'em on my pebble sheen with super glue?????? :laughblue:

Suz I never noticed Spool's finish. Now that I saw that I am super excited! I am hoping my pool comes out similar to his. I know mine will be lighter because the blue surf has more tan pebbles than black but the blue glass will be amazing I think.

Because of all the issues I was thinking of something I could ask the PB about that wouldn't seem like me trying to majorly take advantage. I was thinking of asking them to throw in shells and wanted to see the upgraded pebble sheen colors because some of them cost more than my blue surf which is the base price. I would have been nervous to ask for them to throw it in and I would have felt guilty so I am glad they offered without me having to ask.

I went to the pebble tec app I have on my phone and it was new on there. They recently have been adding stuff to their website as it has been changing I have noticed. I think they are trying to get more competitive because frankly stuff like Spool's they didn't even offer before. After we signed we had to pick our pool finish color and none of this stuff existed. The Blue Surf wasn't there and neither was the glass beads you can add to your finish. It wouldn't surprise me if that option to add glass to a pebble sheen color was even on the website when your pool was finished. I think before all they had was bead crete as an entire finish with no pebbles. In my opinion I thought it was cool but for the price it looked a little over the top to me. If they had something that was in between with pebble and glass that would have definitely caught my eye. Since my PB is exclusively pebble tec for those finishes I had never seen what Spool had.

So I guess I'll be the first blue surf with glass added. I know the sales manager at my PB is super excited to take photos of the blue surf and my coping/decking since they don't really have another pool like it. I am guessing it will be even better with the glass.

That's what happened. I asked him to get me a price and he said they would throw it in because of the issues we have been having. He said it looks really awesome. He is going to bring by a sample but he said it isn't our color scheme but just so we can see what the beads look like in the pebble sheen. He then said the normal price for our pool would be somewhere between 1k and 2k.

Nice! I respect your builder for doing that!!!

Are you kidding????? Your pool is going to be stunning, a jaw dropper!!!! I know right now, that isn't much comfort for all the trials you're enduring. But maybe by next summer...... you might even think, "Well, this all worked out pretty well!"

And the funny thing will be.... I bet your PB really will use your pool as an example to potential customers!!! (maybe only while ya'll are out of town! Lol!!!!)

Good things can come out of bad. I've seen it over and over! I'm really believing this for you and your family.

Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice! I respect your builder for doing that!!!

It might not sound like it on my thread but I always have respected the builder and the employees of the company. They just had some really crappy subs on my pool and probably weren't taking them off my job soon enough. I think now that we are starting over with the rest of the build I think it will improve hopefully. I do believe they are a good company and are just having some growing pains and unfortunately I was in the middle of it. But they are definitely making it up to me now.

It might not sound like it on my thread but I always have respected the builder and the employees of the company. They just had some really crappy subs on my pool and probably weren't taking them off my job soon enough. I think now that we are starting over with the rest of the build I think it will improve hopefully. I do believe they are a good company and are just having some growing pains and unfortunately I was in the middle of it. But they are definitely making it up to me now.

No, you've made it clear all along that you felt you had a good builder. And there have been some positive signs of that in that he broke up with the old PM and finally sent you your girlfriend! (still love that analogy - makes me laugh every time you say it!) The subs were the main problem, or so it seems. What I don't know is how much control your PB had over them. I would hope it's more than it appeared, but maybe not.

Either way from what you've posted, both parties have handled themselves with respect and integrity. But you've certainly had to shoulder the bulk of the frustrations since it was your money. I think this story will have a happy ending!

Keep us posted on the finish. Send pictures as soon as you can, even if the beads are a different color group. Oh boy, I still can't believe how gorgeous this is gonna be!!!

Suz.

No, you've been so calm and nice about your builder. I would have been much harder and critical. You seem like a very forgiving person.

Are you kidding????? Your pool is going to be stunning, a jaw dropper!!!! I know right now, that isn't much comfort for all the trials you're enduring. But maybe by next summer...... you might even think, "Well, this all worked out pretty well!"

And the funny thing will be.... I bet your PB really will use your pool as an example to potential customers!!! (maybe only while ya'll are out of town! Lol!!!!)

Good things can come out of bad. I've seen it over and over! I'm really believing this for you and your family.

Suz.

Suz they were already planning on using our build for an example. We will be their first pool with the blue surf. Plus we are within 2 miles of their office so it is quick to get over here. If you leave their office, drive 1 mile west, turn left at a light then after .5 miles make another left and you are at our house.

No, you've made it clear all along that you felt you had a good builder. And there have been some positive signs of that in that he broke up with the old PM and finally sent you your girlfriend! (still love that analogy - makes me laugh every time you say it!) The subs were the main problem, or so it seems. What I don't know is how much control your PB had over them. I would hope it's more than it appeared, but maybe not.

Either way from what you've posted, both parties have handled themselves with respect and integrity. But you've certainly had to shoulder the bulk of the frustrations since it was your money. I think this story will have a happy ending!

Keep us posted on the finish. Send pictures as soon as you can, even if the beads are a different color group. Oh boy, I still can't believe how gorgeous this is gonna be!!!

Suz.

I'll keep you posted. My girlfriend just called and said he dropped the samples off at the house. I guess my wife ran to get dog food so she'll send me pictures of it hopefully soon. He said they have a sample that has the blue beads in it but not my blue surf finish. I'll post the photos when I get them. I am not going to be home until late. I have to pick up my daughter at volleyball practice after work then head to church so I won't be home until after 9.

No, you've been so calm and nice about your builder. I would have been much harder and critical. You seem like a very forgiving person.

Thanks I try to be. I didn't used to be that way :)

mmm the bead crete luminous is YUMMY!!!!!!!! I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!

I am really excited to see it!

I love it! I think it's a great option to be able to add some sparkle without upgrading to the full Beadcrete finish. I wonder if you pay for it by the bag like the abalone shells?

I am guessing the cost associated with it is probably by the bag. Now with that said I am guessing different PB will sell it different ways. I could see some just charging a fixed amount based on the size of your pool. Some might charge based on how many bags you want. My question is how many bags would I need. My PB is giving me the upgrade for free because of all the hassle I have been through but he said for my pool it would have been just above $1500 dollars.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.