Hi, GeeGaw from deep east Texas

That's okay on the thread title stuff. The MODS will fix it later. :) As for the stuff settling, your water looks great. It may just be dust or pollen settling into spots and creases around the liner. Unfortunately those smaller Intex pools don't have the best water circulation, so that may be part of the issue. You may have to just make it a habit to stir those quiet areas of the pool to ensure chemicals always make it to all parts. I don't think you are able to adjust your water return, but if you can, you may want to try that as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Your last set of readings looked quite good, so I wouldn't think that stuff was algae or anything. Does it brush away easy like dust? If so, that's probably all it is. If it's really stubborn, then we can decide from there.

The settlings come up with 3 passes with brush or vac. But it is coming back in 30 mint or less?

- - - Updated - - -

Cya. Added Thur
Results have not changed at all.
I did add acid yesterday and today.

I suspect the stuff that keeps settling is dust or pollen. Here's a couple quotes I use:
Pollen and dirt tends to accumulate in drifts on the floor in places with slower circulation and can often look fairly similar to mustard algae.
Dust/pollen will keep re-appearing, but will never accumulate on the walls of the pool. Also, dust will continue appearing at the same rate when you are at shock level.

Please see your other thread where I replied about your CYA and FC level. :)

Elevating to SLAM level helps to make some algae more vulnerable, but there's no substitute for brushing/cleaning those hard-to-reach areas. Perhaps you could get the assistance of some family/friends with strong backs to wrestle those steps out for you? There have been some pool owners with steps that were later disassembled only to find a season or two of crud and muck stuck inside the steps and small compartments. Then they knew why they could never pass a SLAM.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Aside from the pH being a little high, those would be very good numbers ... unless you are doing a SLAM. I don't recall if you were doing a SLAM now or waiting, so ...
- If SLAMming now: Lower pH with acid to 7.2 and raise FC to 12 and keep it here.
- If you are waiting to do a SLAM, the simply lower pH to around 7.2-7.5 for now and maintain the FC at 4-5 ppm. Watch it close though. Our sun is quite strong today.

Thanks Kim:)
How are you today?
My results just now
Fc 5
Ph 7.4
Ta 60
Cya 30
And I Have added cya (last Thur.)
I added cya in a sock last time and got no increase at 24 oz. The time before I broadcast it around pool and it came right up in just a few hours?
Pool math says add 7.7 oz acid (so do i drop ph to 7.0 then raise ta with 25oz baking soda)?
What are the best cart. Filters? Am I cleaning mine to much if I clean them everyday? (I do)

Geegaw, not to worry. Now you have the tools and knowledge to adjust your pH and TA accordingly. pH is always the most important, but it's good you tried to raise the TA a little as well. As for your FC, good question. I certainly most more than that yesterday. Blazin' hot here. As long as your testing is correct, then just rejoice that you only lost 1 ppm of FC. Every pool is different. Have a great day!

- - - Updated - - -

Those are very good numbers. Give the CYA a little more time to register. As long as you're not losing too much FC, then you are fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support