SI45 working?

Aug 4, 2013
Oklahoma
So, we have the Circupool SI45. My question is mainly about design. I've seen other swgs, the housings are clear and it's easy to see if they are operating. This housing is solid white and I can't tell if it's working or not. How are we supposed to evaluate it's operation? We took it off to look inside at the metal plates and we can't even seen the metal plates for all the plastic brackets. And if we decided the metal plates needed to be cleaned, how do they expect us to clean them.?

One way to test that its working is to not add any other chlorine and see if your FC maintains or rises? Are you having problems with your FC, or just want reassurance that the SWG is working??

Another option, and quite easy to accomplish, is to collect a water sample directly out of the pool return and you should get a FC higher than the rest of the pool water.

Okay, I'll collect from the return and do a chlorine test, the reason I'm concerned is because my chlorine level isn't maintaining and I've had to add bleach. I have to admit tho that my husband loves to turn the pump off, ugh, he's a miser

We put a hose on the jet and removed some water directly from there. The SWG is working very well. Now the check cell light is flashing. It seems to start flashing every 3 months we realize.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing is on a timer,because our pump is terrible to prime. Each time we turn it off, we must close the valves or we lose prime.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.