My plumbing diagram

Aug 10, 2015
kennewick, wa.
Hi
Been lurking on here for a couple weeks.
We are in the process of putting in our Liner pool( 20x40' Roman) IG liner.
This is what we came up with as far as pool plumbing & equipment pad plumbing.
Where it shows ball valves, we are going with Jandy type.
Also....the heater is going be the IG radiant heat.
We live in Eastern Washington State, it gets HOT here....Sunny from March to October.....Hot May to Sept.
Lemme kno your thoughts.
Thx
This website is the BEST...thank you very much!

Attachments

• pad2.jpg
    pad2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 121
  • pool!JPG.jpg
    pool!JPG.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 121
It's up to you but knowing the issues people have with MDs, I would leave it out of my next pool, assuming there is a next pool.

Read my story in my sig on my FAKE MAIN DRAIN. My pool hasn't had one since I bought the house and pool back in 1998...and it's done just fine. :rambo:

I did, however, have an equalizer line put in on my skimmer during my recent pool remodel. This is simply an intake mounted on the wall of my pool about 2' down from the coping. I guess you could call it a 'wall' main drain.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you are gonna get a cleaner, I would recommend a robot.

Do you think 3 returns as positioned will be enough? if the pool is large enough for 2 skimmers, I would think maybe one more return on the far side might be in order?

Also just as a FYI, I dont have any main drains in my pool and have no problems with circulation or anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

If the vac hose seals off in the skimmer 100 percent, that would work until you get to the returns. I suppose you could plug those though.
Most folks just rent a submersible pump though.

If we ever need to off load the h20 below the skimmer, I assume it can be done sticking a pool vac hose in the Skimmer and draining it that way.
Thx!!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.