Refilling AG pool.

Aug 18, 2015
Eugene, Oregon
This is my first post here! I have an Intex Ultra-Frame 16x48" pool. I know it isn't the biggest or the best but it works great for our family :). anyhow! We had to drain it and put a patch on the bottom (where I learned of underwater epoxy that I could've used AFTER I drained it. Ugh!) and so now we are refilling it. It is 99* here and I have a simple question. If I have the solar cover on the pool while
It's filling in this heat, will it make any significant difference in temperature when it is completely filled? My boyfriend and I are going rounds on this, so I wanted to "ask the experts" lol. Any insight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, I've read here that you're better off to leave it uncovered during the daylight hours. The water absorbs more heat from the sun this way. The primary purpose of the solar blanket is to hold that heat in overnight, rather than let it radiate back into the air.

7 hours later and a little over a foot to go still. Just put the SC back on for the evening. Can't wait to enjoy this puppy again tomorrow! So much work. We are all exhausted!
5ab352235529f688b9536d0f293c5af2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.