TFP Expert
Apr 4, 2007
SW Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
One end of the screened in part of our pool house has a blank wall. Currently white, but I am flexible about what color it's going to end up. Standard doorway on one side, but there is a 9ft wide by 8ft tall uninterrupted section. Above that, the wall continues up to 13 or 14ft as it meets the underside of the 5/12 pitch roof.

So I've been thinking about some art or decoration for that wall. The wall is out of the weather, but still subject to moisture from our high humidity so I'm looking for something designed for the outdoors. Some ideas I've had:

Using wood to make a window on the wall with a painting/poster of a tropical beach scene behind it. I'd have a window sill where some tropical knick-knacks could be placed to add to the effect. Maybe two windows depending on the sizes. Something like 687a2f97a0671db0d3360ae819d2f488.jpg only the outer window frame would be real.

A tropical scene made by cutting silhouettes out of wood and painting them then attaching to the wall. Maybe some surface carving of textures.

A scene painted directly on the wall. I'd need help here, because art is not my thing.

Something like metal-wall-art.jpg Only each square would be cut out of wood and painted a tropical color with some fish or other small wall hangings on some of the blocks.

Most murals I find aren't very tolerant of UV light or aren't intended for damp environments.

Any new ideas?

On a trip one time, we stopped at a unique little outdoor cafe for lunch. Every building they had on the property had a mural on the outside and some had inside as well. She said they used magicmurals.com because they could upload their own pics to be made into murals. Wish I had taken some pics to show you. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.