Loop Loc vs the competition

ted13b

May 25, 2010
I'm looking for a repacement cover for my 20x40 rectangular in ground pool. The current cover is at least 10 years old and shredded last winter. Looking on Amazon, I see similar covers for around $600, ot Loop Loc for more than double that. Is Loop Loc that much better? Also, my old cover was a heavy vinyl with stap reinforcement which seemed to be waterproof. The ones I see on line now say they keep leaves out but allow rain water to seep through. Is that the way to go?

From my limited observation, the LoopLoc have a much nicer matte appearance than others I've seen. That's just my opinion, of course. But if I had to look at a closed pool for months on end, I'd sort of want it to be as attractive as possible.

I can't comment on your other questions. Sorry! Hopefully someone else will jump in soon. :farao:

There are very few makers who provide a cover of a quality equal to LoopLoc. The material is heavier and the straps are closer spaced than most of the cheaper covers. There are others who make quality covers, but not very many.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.