Need help with Paramount In-Floor system

May 4, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I have a 6 port water valve from Paramount for my in-floor system. About a week ago it started become very loud as it went through it's different cycles. I also noticed that the pool isn't cleaning as well and dirt is settling in areas it never use to settle. The heads seem to pop up still. Any initial advice or thoughts before I open that thing up?

Infloor Section stays up the whole time..

Of my 6 stations, 2 are the same one (my stairs). They stay up the entire time my pool is on, including when other sections of the infloor are up. I opened up the valve module and I noticed one of the pistons does not seal with the module like it should when I push it in. It leaves a gap (see picture). Is this a failure of the module, meaning it needs to be replaced?

[URL=http://s1186.photobucket.com/user/modawg2k/media/IMG_5731.jpg.html][/URL]

Should I adjust all my infloor heads to point in the same direction?

I was taking my infloor heads out one by one today to make sure the holes were clear of debris, and then I got to wondering. Should I be setting all my heads in the pool to face the same way so that they follow the same rotation and move dirt accordingly? I think the way some of them are now may hinder the work of the head because they don't sync up just right.

I merged all your related questions. Hopefully someone will be able to help.

I am not sure if the orientation of the jets matter much. Might want to contact the manufacturer. Seems that many step up and help getting the systems dialed in.

I used to sync them up. But one day you'll have low flow for a few minutes and they get out of sync and it doesn't matter, or you'll step on one, or whatever. I have a different brand, but concept should be the same.

When I have problems with the pool (or anything else), before figuring it out, I usually look online for the most common problems with the component, and look at those (or just fix them if it's cheap enough to fix, since they will likely fail soon anyway). For the floor system, problems that I've encountered:

1. Garbage in the filter over the floor system would block the flow.
2. Low flow: third party filters sometimes had lower flow than the OEM ones, low flow = heads not happy

How old is the system? Mind has a "rebuild kit" that replaced a whole bunch of the parts. Apparently over time they just got worn and it stopped really working by zone. I did the rebuild kit, and it was like brand new. However, problems 1/2 cropped up and make the heads not work, cleaning the filter before the floor system and making sure enough flow in general and system is like new.

If you get it working right, the floor systems are a thing of beauty.

My pool is about 5 years old. The company says that the module should last 5 to 8 years. I've done my best to clean out everything part of the system I could (backwash, baskets, heads). I'll wait to see what they say about the 1 piston not going back in but I bet that is my culprit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a similiar situation with my A&A 6 zone in floor cleaning system. Pulled the system apart and found one of the gears had snapped. Pool guy says he cant believe I got 7 years out of it because most don't last that long. I used the A&A retrofit kit and the thing runs like a top now. I never thought about aligning the heads though thats got me wondering if it would improve debris removal.

The only issue I have is with the Hayward EcoStar VSP pump, the A&A system works great at PUMP SPD 1 2450RPM but when the pump switches to SPD 2 1553RPM the in floor system doesn't have enough pressure to work properly so the heads pop up only a little and pressure isn't enough to push anything across the pool floor.

Im running SPD 1 from 0400-0800hrs then it switches to SPD 2 0800-1200.

Anyone have a valve or solenoid that will shut the In Floor system off when VSP pump goes into SPD 2 or SPD 3?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.