DIY Pool Controller

Jul 21, 2008
new2me,

Perhaps this should be a new thread, {Yes, indeed. Split and moved. JasonLion}, so as not to hijack the Intex SWG thread. I have only just begun to investigate the idea of building my own pool controller. However in doing so i also found the Goldline of controls from Hayward. These seem interesting, but expensive. I quickly read the atari article that you liked to. That is more in line with my budget and I am also have a background with electronics (18 years) and am also an electrician, so this seems doable. Not sure which way I want to go yet. Perhaps I will start a new topic and others that have some experience with this will chime in...

A pool controller following standard designs requires a UL rated cabinet and several UL rated AC relays. That will require some initial investment, but nothing like what the standard pool automation systems costs. Once you have that it is just a micro-controller and programming, which doesn't need to be expensive or difficult.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.