So who's in your clan?

eqbob

Jul 25, 2012
Central Texas
My wife

Three cardigan welsh corgis, Allie, Angie, and Louie. Angie and Louie are in their 7th year and Allie is 6. Angie was severely injured (ruptured disk) 18 months ago. It has taken her nearly forever to recover significant function, but she has and today can run for short distances and is as happy and healthy as normal...we just have to make sure she's fully expressed 2x a day so she doesn't get UTIs.

Then there's Alfalfa who is a 22 year old cockatiel which is quite aged for a bird of that species. He's still has a ton of spunk, fully flighted, completely bonded to my wife and watches over her every night from the curtain rod above the bay window in the bedroom. He then sleeps during the day when she's out and about doing her pet sitting job.

Then there's me, at the low end of the totem pole.

Just my wife and I, and our 2 mahogany Basset Hounds, Cooper (3 y/o) and Gunner (1 y/o). We lost our 12 y/o Basset, Dixie, last month to what we believe was a brain tumor causing severe seizures. Cooper has Canine Discoid Lupus, which is an autoimmune disease that affects the skin (specifically where mucous tissue meets the skin, i.e., the nose). Steroid ointment twice a day and sunscreen on his nose when he's outside seems to keep it mostly under control.

E2340103-A2FA-4EE9-8B6E-EBDFE4B4E78D_zpssijycvaq.jpg

Cooper (top), and Gunner (bottom)

A8FD4A34-70EA-4502-90DA-22AF36D88D9C_zps6k4hic6e.jpg

Dixie, Gunner (at about 6 months old), and Cooper

Oh lordie... Skippy has always wanted a Basset Hound so bad. They're pretty stinkin' cute aren't they?

Our rescue pup is part Rhodesian Ridgeback and part Hound....so she's got this gorgeous white and brindle with half a "mohawk" down her back.

Just my hubby, myself, our 5 dogs-Min Pins are- Little Man 9, Destiny 8, Bubby 7, we had to have our 12 yr old, diabetic min pin, Addee, put to sleep in March ;(, Scruffy-6- who is a (Min Pin/ wire hair terrier mix), and Mollie 4- (the mischievous little monster who is a Pom/Spitz mix), and then there is 16 yr old Malcom the Kitty Cat who actually thinks he's just one of the dogs too.

Just two non-furries here..... Me and my 30 yo son. My 31 yo comes down once a year from Oregon - maybe more now that there's a pool!!!!

We have four cats. Killer is 11 and our outdoor kitty. He's our boomerang cat who came to live here, because "No, son, the apartment at Tech really WON'T let you have a pet!" Years ago I tried a full year to keep him inside. Although he's neutered, he sprays.... and sprays.... and sprays... During that year I was too stubborn, and he ruined my carpets. But we love him dearly and so does the neighborhood. They call him the Time-Share Cat. If there's a pet door, he's in your house (yet he doesn't spray in their homes????) One neighbor woke up one Sunday morning with Killer sleeping soundly right next to him! I don't think the neighbor will ever forget that!!! Then we have Toby and Max, brothers who are almost 8. We adopted them when they were 2. I could write pages about their personalities, but I'm already doing too much of that. And finally, we have Dante whom we found at the YMCA construction site one week after adopting Max and Toby. He was a tiny baby and looks to be a purebred Siamese or some oriental. He adores my son and refers to me only as 'That Lady'. Sadly, he's still very skittish with everyone. I love dogs, but there never seemed to be the right time to get one. And well, the cats are too old to do that to them.

I do have a granddog with my son in Oregon. They will both be down for a visit in a couple of weeks. His name is Willie (the dog) and his picture is my avatar.

Here's Killer on his mission during the pool build - off to catch up on his rounds of spraying everything in site. All this new stuff must be sprayed again - and it keeps changing!!!

Max and Toby enjoying their evening "walk" out by the new pool.

Dante not enjoying his walk by the pool so much! He still hasn't gotten used to his backyard being totally blown up and transformed.

And that's my clan!
Suz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.