Small pool and hot tub in SE Louisiana

May 11, 2015
metairie
Hello all, I have been reading a bunch of threads on here for a few months. I wanted to finally contribute. I decide to start building a pool around January this year and after talking to some local builders, I realized I would be more suited to try it on my own. I researched a tremendous amount and asked for help from many people and finally had the logistics sorted out and began digging on August 5th. As you can see, my yard is very small and I used every available inch of it to maximize my space. The final design of the 4 or 5 my wife and I planned ended up being a 21'8"x11'2" pool connected to a raised 11'2" x 5'9" hot tub. I have purchased all of my equipment already and I will update my profile tomorrow. Here are some progress pics so far, enjoy.

I would have posted sooner but being that I am nervous doing it myself, I wanted to make sure I made it out alive to this point...:D

Attachments

• IMG_20150803_195904249.jpg
    IMG_20150803_195904249.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_20150805_075651782.jpg
    IMG_20150805_075651782.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_20150805_162547204_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150805_162547204_HDR.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 409
Poured equipment pad under a/c units due to small yard constraints...SOO HOT that day

- - - Updated - - -

Gunite crew showed up at 0600 ready to rock. I had already had the visqueen up on the house and fence.

- - - Updated - - -

Hot tub done with gunite

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Shes happy

- - - Updated - - -

testing all pipes 25 psi holding steady for 3 days

Welcome to the forum fellow Louisianan. My brother is also in Metairie. I just told him the other day that if I had to do it over again I would have just built my own instead of hiring a contractor. I am going to forward this post for him to follow because he now wants to do his own pool. Keep those pictures coming.

I miss Louisiana ... Grew up in Lafayette and lived there my whole life until six years ago when we moved to Houston. Enjoying watching this unfold!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

This is me working on the fence last weekend

- - - Updated - - -

Digging underground drainage from back yard and gutters. Clay is terrible?

- - - Updated - - -

Hot hot hot

- - - Updated - - -

Picked up travertine coping

- - - Updated - - -

Tile and coping complete

- - - Updated - - -

Hot tub. That's all for now folks. Planning on decking equipment set and plaster Friday. If all goes well, I will have water and be done in under a month.

Everything is gorgeous!!! And the fact you did this yourself - amazing! What a sense of accomplishment you must feel. Not to mention what a great job you did and all the materials selections - fabulous job!

I love the pearl tile - the colors are perfect for a pool!!! And you installed just the right amount to accent and catch the eye.

What color finish did you go with (or did I miss that)? In the closeup of the tile, it looks like the pool is filled. We need an overall shot of the pool filled - along with many other pictures! We're a greedy lot for pictures! Lol!!

Have a super great, just in time for swimming, Labor Day weekend!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.