dfw
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Just had a bad rain storm and the pool water level is very high. I think the internal overload is kicking on and off to keep the motor cool. I have cleared any obstructions from the vents.

Please help

spishex said:
Check the impeller for debris too. Is it pumping anything before it cuts off or is it sitting still and humming, then kicking off?

Could not find anytyhing stuck or blocking anywhere. It is making a funny noise starts to pump and cuts off. Does not smell so good either.

How long does it take to overheat?

I'd break this thing down so you have the motor with seal plate and impeller (diffuser removed) sitting to the side, then turn it on for a sec and see how it sounds. If it still sounds bad, remove the impeller and seal and try again. You should also take a look around the backside and check for any shorts or loose wires.

spishex said:
How long does it take to overheat?

I'd break this thing down so you have the motor with seal plate and impeller (diffuser removed) sitting to the side, then turn it on for a sec and see how it sounds. If it still sounds bad, remove the impeller and seal and try again. You should also take a look around the backside and check for any shorts or loose wires.

Talked to Pentair they said it sounds like the bearings undr warranty though.

spishex said:
. You should also take a look around the backside and check for any shorts or loose wires.

UHMMM... most of the time if you looked around my backside, you'd find shorts (though never wires) :lol:

I've been following this because I only see a couple whisperflos each year and was hoping to pick up some 'tips and tricks' for them.

I'm very happy that this is a warranty issue :party: Let them deal with it but, please tell us what they do to correct the problem :)

Pool store (pentair service provider) came out first thing he did was mess with my Intellitouch nad replaced a relay.

Then he replaced the Motor with a Marathon I asked if that was normal to replace with a third party he said yes. Turned on pump worked fine Intellitouch is broke. (Why he messed with it in the first place I will never know)

I call Pentair and asked if it was normal to replace a pentair product with a third party and they said no and called the service company. They now have to come back out and replace with pentair product.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.