Above Ground Pool Liner / Pool Wall Lean

prev24

Aug 11, 2015
winthrop, ma
Hello Everyone. First post - two issues/ questions

We recently installed a 12x18 AGP (oval). Has the buttress support system, so there is a metal brace in the center of the side walls on both sides under the upright support to hold the weight. This brace creates almost a slight inward curve on both sides in the center (normal I believe).

Question 1 - I noticed a slight lean (outward) on both sides of the pool on the long side, on one side of the metal support. If I take my level, it appears to be 3/4 of an inch on one side of the metal brace (only one panel) and the other side of pool same issue but less of a lean (about 1/4 inch). Remaining panels appear to be pretty straight. Any level issues less than 1/4 inch. Is this a problem? My concern is if my pool collapses, my neighbors would be flooded cause I'm up on a pretty steep hill.

Question 2 - I noticed inside the pool, where the wall meets the ground all around, the liner is pretty smooth and nice and rounded on the edge floor. Except in one spot, about 5 feet long, it seems like there is something under the liner (maybe sand), however it almost creates a "step" on the bottom. About 2-3 inches up and 2-3 inches out? Making a 90 degree lip almost on the bottom. I'm worried this could rip the liner. Is this a major problem?

Thanks for the help!

Cant really see what the issue is in the pic because the water is so clear. Night time pics are great for showing off imperfections. The key is to having a good under water light.

I have my 16' round pool inside a 16'x16' wooden framed sandbox, and the liner presses onto the frame in a couple of spots just as you describe. It's been up for 2 years now, with no apparent damage. And it's just an Intex, so I'm guessing it's not the highest quality liner available.

I have a 9 y/o son with rowdy friends and cousins, so it gets plenty of use/abuse. My opinion is that you'll be fine.

Is the bump hard or could it be a piece of foam pool cove that got folded over or not stuck to the bottom of the wall correctly? If it is a sand cove I would assume no big deal if the area where the bump meets the wall is at least above the ground a bit, watch for leaks there and repair as needed.

Not sure what to say if it is a foam cove that is not in the right place, hopefully someone will have an idea.

Take some more pix of the outside and also where your other problem area is, or are they in the same place?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.