Algae in shade; almost got it, but...

T

tiggerem01

After research, I realize now that by shocking the pool (an above-ground SummerEscapes 18x48 with the standard 1500gph filter) isn't quite going to kill the algae that has suddenly emerged in our pool's shady side. I have a phosphate remover, an algaeside and a flocculant on order. However, I'm concerned how to vacuum it all up once it's dead. I have a Skooba Pool Vacuum that *usually* does a fine job, but with the algae, it just seems to "slime" the debris bag, making it useless. Any ideas??

Hello and welcome! Well, if I may give you the typical TFP response - cancel the order on phosphate remover, algaecides, and flocculent. Use our SLAM instructions at Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain to properly rid your pool of algae. There simply is nothing better. Remember though, to do this you must have the proper test kit (TF-100 or Taylor K-2006) from TFTestkits.net.

Let us know if you have any question about the SLAM page. Welcome!

Welcome to the forum. :wave:
After research, I realize now that by shocking the pool (an above-ground SummerEscapes 18x48 with the standard 1500gph filter) isn't quite going to kill the algae that has suddenly emerged in our pool's shady side.
I do not understand the premise. adequate chlorine kills algae whether it is on the shady side or not.

If you SLAM your pool, the algae will be gone. If you perform the SLAM half-heartedly, it will not. read "SLAM" in Pool School

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.