Pool Safety Cover $4800.00?

Pappascw

Did you look at Amazon, they have Arctic Armor pool safety covers with 12 year warranties and all the hardware, the one size that fits our new to be installed pool of 14 x 28 is $412 plus $50 shipping, And if you look at the video on installation it looks like a easy couple hour job. That is probably how we will meet the code.

Keith

I paid just north of $5,000 for my new Loop-Loc cover 2 years ago. Since I have a freeform pool, it had to be custom ordered.

The price you were quoted doesn't sound outrageous to me, being that it's from Loop-Loc.

There is a fabric supply house in OKC that I know carries the same fabric, nylon strapping, fittings, etc. that Loop-Loc uses, and, if I remember correctly, they are actually an approved repair shop for Loop-Loc products. They are also a fully-equipped and experienced upholstery and sewn goods shop (they spend most of their summers making "rig tarps" for drilling rigs to use in the winter months). In other words, they can make you a Loop-Loc cover, and probably for less money. It just won't have the Loop-Loc warranty associated with it (which, IMO is a joke to begin with...).

If you're interested, I can PM you their information.

I just paid $3k for a Katchaleaf for my figure 8-shaped pool + spa...a custom shape. They came out, drilled holes into my new stamped concrete to embed brass anchors, then stretched a net across my pool. After that, they unrolled the actual fabric for my Katchaleaf and proceeded to stretch that out and then cut to shape. 2 weeks later they delivered the poducts all sewn-up with eyelets and hooks. We love it...a nice product and I no longer have to drain the cover of water (not that it rains any more in California) AND it keeps our 100 year old oak tree from filling up the pool with stuff.

FOr my 40x18 oval, I got a Garrett mesh safety cover. Cover was $1500, cant recall what they charged me for install, but it wasnt too bad a few hundred i think. Loop Loc was an extra $800 for me, but choose to not go with it.

One thing, is that I went with the larger grid system, which I know saves money. This means that I have a buckle every 5 feet (maybe its 6) rather than every three feet. I know the 3 feet option costs more. However, I amn told that if you have an irregular shape, you have to go with teh 3 foot grid system.

Merlin's good. Which fabric are you looking at?

Also, your signature says above ground, but you have an in-ground pool.

The shape requires a custom made cover. The freeform shape is trickier than a more standard shape. However, it doesn't look like there are any other extenuating circumstances.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.