O-ring lubricant??

Magic Lube (teflon) and Magic Lube II (silicone). They are made for pool/spa use and most pool supplies carry them or you can get them online from several sources. There is also a Magic Lube with Kevlar fibers to help stop small leaks from old O rings until you can get them replaced.

Personal opinion, I'd go with the Magic Lube II . I've used the Magic Lube with the teflon in it the past two seasons, and it gummed up my O rings pretty badly. The stuff doesn't want to wipe off all that easily, either. I'll be using the silicone version this year to lube up everything.

I'm with mike. Once the teflon version hits water it turns to a white, sticky goo that's more of a mess than the silicone which spreads more easily and doesn't get all goopy. I keep both, but I usually only use the teflon as a lubricant for already-taped threaded fittings or as an emergency back-up to the silly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.